Monday, January 26, 2009

Words can't even describe....


Even though I prepared myself for the worst, there was still a glimmer of hope going into seeing this movie ("My Bloody Valentine 3D" 2009).
It was quite possibly one of the worst movies i have ever seen, and that is pretty bad because I have seen some bad ones. I was optimistic seeing the crowd pour into the theater- it was almost a full house. I thought to myself, hmmm... this must be a good sign because it is not opening weekend, so maybe this will be a good movie after all. Holy Shit was I wrong.
This movie started off making no sense, and ended the same way- DUMB. The 3D effects were well done, but it felt more like seeing a short on how to make 3D effects then a good story. Even though I know it was a remake, it could have been WORLDS better. The idea of doing a remake is to bring the fan base from the original to a new, brighter movie.
This movie was just sad- I actually felt bad for the actor's future careers. People laughing is NOT what I want to hear at a horror flick- and neither is hearing myself laughing. There was a scene at the beginning where a character walked around naked for well over 10 minutes- sure sign there that there is some great scenes in this movie.
The plot led you in confusing turns and twists, and they never made much sense- even at the long awaited end. The acting reminded me of the butlers character from "Mr. Deeds" (you know the very sneeky guy). They seemed to slide in and out of the frame with no merit to where they came from or why they were there- which made it comical.
The highlight of the movie for me, was when it ended. I DO NOT recommend going to see this movie, unless you want a good laugh. It made me want to throw up that I payed $12 to sit through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment